Hello, my name is Amit Gaur. I have a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from University of Cincinnati.
Currently, am working as a Technical Lead at Red Ant technical agency, Sydney.
Before my move to Sydney, I worked as a Development lead at Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University, Chicago.
Things that I am really good at:
Setting up processes and workflows for smooth development and deployment of software. Writing well tested, performant and modular application logic in Ruby / Ruby on Rails, JS frameworks such as React. Designing scalable/reusable systems.
Things that I am good at:
Managing client expectations and translating requirements into usable software features.
Working as Technical lead on multiple client projects.
* Performing peer code reviews.
* Maintaining, extending with new features and modernising legacy applications.
* Implementing standard backend APIs for green field projects.
* Application health monitoring and site reliability engineering.
Worked as development lead of Oncology Clinical Trial Management System and its subsystems for the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chicago.
- Setting up long term development roadmap of the projects.
- Perform peer code reviews, and contribute in constantly improving the development process.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Planning and designing database schema for extending existing functionality and refactoring legacy code.
- Implementing new full-stack features after gathering requirements from the stakeholders.
- Implementing standard API interface for interaction with external systems.
- Optimizing legacy code and removing bottlenecks for increasing system performance.
- Running adhoc sql reports for administrators.
- Developing standard reporting functionality for Grant submissions and administrative workflows.
Played key role in Cancer Center achieve "Outstanding" score for National Cancer Institute re-designation as Comprehensive Cancer Center; making it among the select few in entire country.
Developed a demo application in VB which illustrated Emotion Detection abilities of third party software and also worked as a Java developer for an ongoing project ASRK (Agent Screening & Rating Kiosk).
Awarded UGS (University Graduate Scholarship) at University of Cincinnati for graduate studies.
A web application that lets users create stylish resumes in minutes.