Waitress Resume Example
Tried and tested resume example for your next job in 2021. Get a jump-start, by editing this Waitress resume example. Just update this example with your details, download and launch your career to new heights today!
How to Write a Waitress Resume
The worldwide market value for food services in 2019 was worth US$ 3.5 trillion. Food-service relates to the selling of food and drinks that are ready for direct consumption or home delivery and takeouts. There are two sectors of food-service industry businesses: commercial outlets that comprise fast-food restaurants, catering, bars, and leisure stores. Non-commercial platforms provide food services within an organization's premises, like hospitals, schools, military bases, etc.
In the conventional operating system setting of the food-service industry, materials are processed, packed, and delivered at the same facility. An organized system of arranging the food supply and then distributing it to different places in the kitchens. Among the main factors contributing to the growth of the food-service market is the increasing demand for personalization and creativity in food menu choices. A broad range of options is offered to consumers to optimize their meals as per their taste, nutritional and spending choice.
Besides, retail restaurants and cafés have developed as a suitable spot to interact with people and to relax, thereby facilitating future growth. The introduction of web-based services and on-the-go food services, combined with developments in packaging, the launch of low-fat drinks, gluten-free goods, etc., are also making a significant contribution to market growth.
In the Restaurants & Food Services Industry, 52.5% of employees are female, making them the most prominent gender in the industry. The majority of employees working as waiters & waitresses increased at a rate of 0.0669 percent in 2018. This rise in growth opportunities for the job of a waitress position indicates there is a lot of competition and demand. In the future, it will continue to rise, and if you know how to market yourself, you will get the job you want.
Importance and Role of Waitressing in the Food-Service Industry
The waiters and waitresses work to ensure that customers enjoy their dining experience from the minute they walk into the restaurant until the meal is over. The waiting staff is an integral feature of every dining activity and a perfect way to get a first-hand look at the restaurant and hospitality industry or make the switch from associated jobs, baristas, and hostess.
Profile statement: define your personality type
Much like a waitress, the description is a professional multitasker. It's the ideal way to capture the attention of a manager and persuade them to continue reading.
Employment: a stockpile of job records
In reverse chronological, outline your experiences with the current role at the start. It's a great way to include a concise summary or bullet-point list of your tasks, successes, and contributions under each prior work. Categorize your roles and, where possible, present statistics and figures. Include contributing factors to the statistical details for your application like:
- Have you trained anyone while working at your prior role?
- How many clients have you assisted regularly throughout your shift?
- Were you able to remember all the available dishes and their features and descriptions from the menu?
Skills: time to glow
Irrespective of your level of experience, it is valuable to exhibit off your social and interpersonal skills to score your dream job. You can start by adding these in your skills segment;
- Using the POS method easily and securely to position orders and change them depending on the order and food intolerances.Offer a range of beverages, sweets, and salads.
- Offer a range of beverages, sweets, and salads.
- Know creating floral decorations or other displays for the dining room
- Managed trust and responsibility with the checkout counter and cash.
- Able to memorize and recite specific ingredients from the menu.
- Know the particular nutrition and health hygiene standards for your region.
As you probably already know, the usual shift of a server will involve a considerable amount of teamwork and cooperation. Adding this essential part of the job in your skills segment can convince managers that you have what it takes to give both clients and workmates a profound impact.In a restaurant framework where clients can come from all around the world, talking in various languages can be very beneficial. An employer can be glad to find someone who can fill the gap, so list each of your languages and your fluency level.The required skills for the job of a waitress are :
- Quality Control Analysis
- Equipment Maintenance
- Operation and Control
- Operation Monitoring
- Equipment Selection
- Technology Design
- Systems Evaluation
- Management of Personnel Resources Management
- Active Listening and learning
- Speaking and Writing
- Critical Thinking
Education: a bookish savant
This segment is about indicating you're eager to learn and develop if you have formal schooling or are starting. Waitresses often do not require formal education in hospitality. Though, it can be an advantage if you are competent in the areas of tourism, hospitality management, or food service, particularly when searching for higher-level positions. Even if you don't have a relevant degree area, proving that you've learned might not interfere. You can add your high school education as well.
Write any additional certificates if you have like bartending, restaurant service, food safety. Bartending tips will render your serving work even more employable. If you have a credential already, ensure to use it in your education segment. Online certifications are offered by some jurisdictions, while others require in-person training. Being a registered bartender, whatever the criteria, will help you improve your salary and expand your scope while job hunting.
Format: a graphical illustration of you
A clean and stylish interface conveys the message that you are a specialist, either you're fresh to waitressing, or you have a few restaurants under your hat. Color, graphics, or more artistic elements is not required, as an employer is seeking someone who does the job effectively and with a smile.
Our resume builder and a stunning set of resumes enable you to achieve just the proper balance between a clear and stylish one. To illustrate your expertise in an easy-to-read font, consider using basic templates. Our basic resume templates have drawn attention while retaining a streamlined theme. Since you would most likely deliver the resume in hand to the restaurant owners, so download your resume in PDF file format. Doing so will enable both efficient printing and simple, precise formatting that on various computers does not alter.
Waitress Resume do/donts
- When explaining your knowledge and abilities, use short and straightforward statements in easy-to-understand terminology.
- Modify the form and content of your resume to navigate through an applicant tracking system (ATS) effectively.
- Include education specific to the work
- Apply for positions for which you are entirely eligible.
- Don't use a complex template in the job description or overlook the keywords.
- Do not include experiences that do not apply to the role to which you apply.
- Do not give information unrelated to the job hunt or that the manager does not expressly request.
- Do not use idioms or buzzwords only if they are phrases from the job profile.
- Do not include experiences that do not apply to the role to which you apply.
Points to Remember
- Remember that not all inconsistencies are caught by autocorrect. To identify grammar mistakes, take the time to read your document a few times.
- Demonstrate your social and communication skills to convey your ability to interact with customers and associates and to listen actively.
- Your Professional Overview is an opportunity for you not to be hesitant to promote yourself.
- Make sure that resume texts are not lower than 10pt.
- The resume should be one page for entry-level roles and two pages for a specialist job position.
- Try creating a new email address, if it isn't professional.
Our resume builder will save you time by helping you to create an impressive waitress resume. Get started now!