Handyman Resume Example
Tried and tested resume example for your next job in 2023. Get a jump-start, by editing this Handyman resume example. Just update this example with your details, download and launch your career to new heights today!
How to write a handyman resume
Not everybody enjoys doing things on their own. Property owners often require help with upkeep and improvement projects. Your knowledge is right on target. A handyman is responsible for a variety of tasks, such as setting up and keeping power outlets, doing repairs and other upkeep tasks, basic cleaning in households and workplaces, and fixing equipment used for other jobs. However, there is one spot where you may not be a 'Do-it-yourself person, and that is in building a strong handyman resume that will land you the job you want. You don't continue carving when you find a new job. You initially get an outline of the project before deciding how to proceed. In the year 2020 when the pandemic started, many property owners took a quick look around and figured that their living space needed to be improved. As per a survey, 69 percent of house owners said they began a project all around the house in the year 2020. However, this does not imply that handymen have been phased out. Handymen usually perform small overall upkeep and repair tasks that do not necessitate the services of a registered plumber, or another tradesperson. Most own their own companies, but they may also take a job for another local company or franchise. They do the following types of repair and construction work;
- Decks and fences
- Gutter cleaning
Due to the sheer variety of projects, handymen require a wide range of special instruments in their toolkits. They may be considered to resolve a variety of house owner issues. And due to the competitive market, you will need a killer handyman resume that distinguishes you from the rest, and that's why we have prepared this guide for you to follow these instructions and develop an outstanding job application.
Job Market Outlook for Handyman
As per BLS, employment of the overall maintenance and repair workforce is expected to grow at a rate of 8% from 2020-to-2030, which is about the same as the national average for all vocations. On average, 152,300 vacancies for general maintenance and repair workers are expected every year over the next decade. Most of those opportunities are anticipated to be created as a consequence of the requirement to replace employees who switch to various professions or leave the labor force for other reasons, such as retirement.
Tips for writing a handyman resume
You clear your workplace and arrange your instruments before beginning a project. Knowing what components comprise your handyman resume is comparable to that. Each resume should include the following information;
- Resume header
- Professional summary
When you combine them all, you will have a comprehensive picture of your work career. However, as with any handyman project, you must keep uniformity so that each aspect adds to and does not conflict with the whole. That includes ensuring regularity in your style and message. If you are seeking employment at a handyman provider, you must gain knowledge about the corporation and the services it offers so that you can tailor your answer. Assess what kinds of jobs are popular and emphasize those in your information if you own a company. Determine whether you want to do all handyman tasks or specialize in definite skills. A well-crafted resume should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Examine every job application separately and tailor your resume to match.
- Consider the visual impact you render by using a professional-looking resume that stands out.
- To boost your odds with ATS, match keywords with job requirements.
Generally, the common resume format is reverse chronological order. This implies that the work experience section will be organized with the most latest position at the top. Its because employers would like to know what competencies you have obtained and what you are currently doing. In some cases, a combination or functional format may be preferable. For example, if you want to showcase your projects rather than your work record, or if you are a freelancer or sole trader.
As a handyman, you will be approaching your customers' residences, so you want them to trust you. Character is essential. Your handyman professional summary provides you with 3-5 lines at the top of the page to include a bit of zing to what would otherwise be a relatively dry application. In your summary segment;
- Highlight the tasks you have achieved successfully
- Describe why you are the ideal candidate for the position.
- Provide instances of your work pattern.
Your statements are built around power verbs. Rather than filler phrases like did or worked, use precise language like evaluated, intended, remedied, and built. Explanatory language includes flourishes that give recruiters an understanding of who you are and what you can offer to the position. Don't be scared to reveal your abilities. It's isn't the place to be modest. You do have to keep it brief, so remove 'I am' or 'I have done' to make room for better words.
- Highly motivated and qualified handyman capable of performing a wide range of maintenance tasks with ease.
- Capable of performing repair work, cosmetic upkeep, and simple equipment installations.
- Capability to use power equipment and other maintenance tools.
- Responsive, outgoing, and dedicated to providing high-quality services with the main objective of offering outstanding customer service.
The work experience section of your resume is simple if you use reverse chronological order. Establish from the ground up to provide recruiters with a comprehensive view of your growth as a handyman. Consider problems you've rectified, the money you've saved customers, or projects you've accomplished that showcase your workmanship to include in your resume. Apply the STAR method to create bullet lists that go beyond a compilation of job responsibilities.
- Discuss the situation you experienced.
- Define the task you were assigned to accomplish.
- Describe the action you undertook.
- Highlight your accomplishments.
Give as many details as possible, and statistics where applicable.
- Landscaped the grounds regularly.
- Duties were finished on schedule, as requested by management.
- Conducted detailed safety checks and arranged any essential repairs.
- Collaborated well with construction personnel and aided others with a cheerful and friendly attitude.
The skills segment of your handyman resume is intended to provide employers with a quick overview of what you can offer, so give it your best. That entails taking into account all of your qualifications and then limiting the field to focus on the position and demonstrate skills that set you apart from other candidates.
What are the abilities of a handyman? Some of this is determined by the job itself. That implies you must tailor your resume to each job posting (remember the ATS), but you must also determine which skills you believe are most essential. Soft skills, or attributes that make an individual a preferable worker, are required for all handymen. Interpersonal skills, time management, and organizational skills are among them. Provide your remarkable wiring potential without ignoring your people skills!
A handyman's practical training is the norm, however, some personnel has extra education or certification programs under their belts. Mention your high school diploma and any other qualifications or experience you have in your education segment. List any certifications you have received from the Association of Certified Handyman Professionals or another organization and any courses you have taken in a specialized field. You should also include any traineeships you've accomplished or master crafters you have performed under.
You may do an outstanding job, but if you make a mess or fail to review the project's aesthetic, your amazing plumbing task may not be valued. Layout and design are crucial. Here are some pointers on how to create a visually appealing handyman resume that stands out;
- Make some white space. Prevent huge chunks of type, and instead utilize bullet points with one-inch margins.
- Consider text-based cues with appropriate headings and contact details.
- Maintain uniformity and only employ two typefaces for headings and another for text.
- A slight color scheme makes a big difference, so use it minimally.
Handyman Resume Sample
The Handyman job description includes a variety of repair tasks, trade expertise, and upkeep work at residential and business venues. Following are the responsibilities stated on the Handyman Resume undertaking standard tasks like painting, cleaning, and monitoring repair projects; completing repairs on machine parts, fixing electrical and pipework systems, diagnosing extensive repairs; verifying for problems like trash and mechanical shutdown frequently; coordinating performance evaluations on corporation equipment; and advising customers on appropriate equipment restoration.
Companies usually seek candidates who possess the relevant qualifications: dexterous hands, technical expertise, solid general maintenance skills, attention-to-detail, precision, physical endurance, knowhow of wiring, plumbing, and HVAC systems, and hands-on experience using pieces of equipment.
Handyman Resume Example I
Handyman Resume Professional Summary
Independent Handyman specialist dedicated to high-quality craftsmanship and compliance with safety code guidelines. Interested in learning new trades and expertise. I'm looking to advance my career and develop my leadership qualities. To seek a challenging handyman position that will allow me to use my academic and professional qualifications while also broadening my expertise and talents.
Handyman Resume Skills
- Drywall Repair Skills
- Electrical work
- Light Fixtures Skills
- General Maintenance Skills
Handyman Resume Job Description
- Offered friendly and efficient customer service.
- Liable for everyday facility upkeep activities such as heating, pipework, A/C units, kitchen appliances, emergency tools, switch rooms, electrical substations, wall covering fixes, etc.
- Confirmed that all projects were finished on schedule and adhered to specified requirements.
- Acquired in-depth understanding of digital visitor room locks.
- Significant stock for all resorts locks was kept up to date.
- In charge of the telephone network, high-speed wifi.
- Clients' money was gathered, and payments were documented on client invoices.
Handyman Resume Example II
Handyman Resume Professional Summary
Qualified Handyman Specialist with strong background conducting a wide variety of home duties, operating and managing techniques and hardware, and carrying out standard plumbing work. Was awarded Employee of the Month with incredible manual dexterity and technological knowledge. Have a keen eye for detail, exceptional time management skills, and the capacity to work and operate well in a team-based setting.
Handyman Resume Skills
- Door Frames Skills
- HVAC Skills
- Drywall Repair Skills
- General Cleaning
Handyman Resume Job Description
- Completed several household activities, installed doors and equipment, and assisted residents.
- Finished normal preventative upkeep jobs; evaluated and resolved any issues and the operation and upkeep of numerous techniques and equipment.
- Implemented and maintained electrical sockets and equipment, piping work, and wall painting.
- Expressed with renters to guarantee that their needs were achieved, and performed other responsibilities as needed.
- The employee of the Month for expanding overall customer satisfaction with supplied services from 89% to 99% in two years.
- Setting up follow-up meetings to maintain that repairs are executed successfully.
- Actively engaged and accountable for purchasing and restocking building servicing supplies.
Handyman/Maintenance Resume Example
Handyman/Maintenance Resume Professional Summary
Competent and proficient Handyman/Maintenance with 6 years of experience performing restoration work and upgrades in residential properties, apartment buildings, and workplaces. Extensive understanding of pipework, brickwork, painting, woodworking, electrical wiring, and HVAC systems.
Handyman/Maintenance Resume Skills
- Trim Carpentry
- Building Maintenance
Handyman/Maintenance Resume Job Description
- Liable for remodeling work, including researching requirements in schematics, sketches, or construction drawings to develop project structure and determining measurements and materials needed.
- Utilizing hand techniques, computers, or a power saw, or cut components to specified dimensions.
- Maintained a healthy and secure environment by adhering to proven safety guidelines.
- Employing a ruler, pencil, and labeling gauge, I evaluated and distinguished cutting sections on materials.
- Utilizing carpenter's hand toolkits, implemented frameworks and fittings like window panes, flooring, and equipment.
- Using woodcraft equipment, carpenter's hand instruments, and power drills, constructed or repaired closets, doors, structures, surfaces, and other wooden fittings used in building structures.
- Hand tools and wood screwdrivers, dowel pins, or glue were used to gather and connect materials to build foundations or props.
General Handyman Resume Example
General Handyman Resume Professional Summary
General handyman eager to pick up new trades and technical expertise. Expert with exceptional communication abilities. Works in a fast and effective manner to complete difficult tasks. Offering significant experience from both major corporate building sites and private residential restoration initiatives.
General Handyman Resume Skills
- Sheetrock Skills
- Masonry Skills
- Kitchen Cabinets Skills
- Hand Tools
General Handyman Resume Job Description
- Units inside apartment structures and organizational housing residences are renovated and repaired.
- In charge of dealing with plumbing and wiring issues in all flats, corridors, the foyers, and the basement.
- Arranging and aiding with the relocation of heavy furniture and personal possessions from the garage to the flat.
- Repairing and maintaining the building, condos, and all building systems. In charge of the implementation of kitchen cupboards.
- Diagnosing and repairing plumbing flaws.
- Accountable for writing up renter work tickets.
- In charge of washing all condos where upkeep work was accomplished.
- Retaining the aesthetic of the building foyers, the interior, and exterior of the building.
- Handling the appropriate materials while adhering to all security and legal requirements.
Assistant Handyman Resume Example
Assistant Handyman Resume Professional Summary
Highly motivated and accomplished Assistant Handyman capable of performing a wide range of upkeep tasks with ease. Capable of conducting preventative updating, standard repair services, cosmetic restoration, and equipment installations. Able to employ power toolkits and upkeep equipment.
Assistant Handyman Resume Skills
- Home Repairs
- Lawn Service
- Building Maintenance Skills
- Cutting Wood
- Kitchen Cabinets Skills
- Construction Projects Skills
Assistant Handyman Resume Job Description
- Collaborate a wide range of light woodworking, piping, wiring, and upkeep duties for a 60+ unit condo complex's constructions and grounds.
- Evaluate, debug, and resolve massively complicated issues 22% quicker than past handyman staff.
- Locating contract workers and vendors and negotiating agreements saved up to $18,000 annually.
- Perform following residents' schedules/requirements, and receive 50+ thank you messages every year from occupants for outstanding service.
- Perform routine repairs and upgrades on diverse parts of equipment related to constructions, grounds, fittings, equipment, and lighting.
- Hand or power drills were used to retain or fix tools, hardware, or frameworks like buildings, greenhouses, or benches.
Inspector/Handyman Resume Example
Inspector/Handyman Resume Professional Summary
Inspector/Handyman with a track record of formulating and delivering results-driven strategies to mitigate company difficulties and satisfy and surpass enterprise and client expectations. Enthusiastic and well-recognized team player Demonstrated skill to work under stress in time-sensitive surroundings. Seeking a position in a more challenging environment where I can assist the organization's progress efficiently and successfully.
Inspector/Handyman Resume Skills
- Manual Dexterity
- Hand Tools
- Power Tools
- Physical Endurance
- Parts Replacement
Inspector/Handyman Resume Job Description
- Various restoration, upkeep, and equipment setup jobs were completed in a 37-unit apartment building.
- Managed a wide range of construction duties, including painting, decorating, taping, and connecting both occupied and vacant properties, with a long-lasting and high finish.
- Purchased building tools and facilities, saving $15,000 per year.
- Quality services received positive feedback from 96 percent of tenants and supervisors.
- Inspected for deficiencies in fittings, air conditioning, wiring, and piping systems regularly and provided statistics on finished and pending tasks.
- Conveyed departmental processes for establishing upkeep and operation.
- The facility and foundations were kept in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Restored and managed kitchen, and other mechanical components, such as heating and air conditioning components, wiring and plumbing fittings, and laundry equipment.
- Access your resume the same way you will for any task, and stick to your strategy.
- Choose whether you would like to be perceived as an amateur or a professional.
- Take a methodical technique to every job application and tailor it to the job description.
John E. Hearn
1177 Walnut Street
Jackson, MS 39201
53 McKillop Street
461 Sweetwood Drive
Aurora, CO 80014